- Where do I register for the Run to Remember?
- How do I retrieve my password/username?
- What does the entry fee include?
- Is the race timed?
- What if I’m not a runner?
- Are teams allowed?
- Where is the starting location?
- What is the starting time?
- What is the course? Is there a map?
- Where do I get my race bib and packet?
- Can someone else pick up my race packet for me?
- Will there be gear check?
- Can I register onsite?
- When will online registration end?
- Where can I send offline donations?
- Can you give me more information about online fundraising?
- Can I turn in offline donations on race day?
- What are the fundraising incentives?
- Are strollers allowed on the course?
- Are dogs allowed on the course?
- Are bicycles allowed on the course?
- Is there an age limit for the Run to Remember?
- What are the details for the Junior Jog?
- Who can participate in the Junior Jog?
- What is the Kids Zone?
- Where can I park on race day?
- I registered for the Run to Remember, but now can’t participate. Can I receive a refund?
- Will the event take place rain or shine?
- Why do you require each family member to use a separate email address?
- What if I don’t have an email address?
- Who can I contact with any other questions?
Online at www.cpdmemorial.org/run OR in person during packet pickup OR on race day. Online registration opens on January 1, 2017 and closes on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:55 PM. Packet pickup is scheduled for Thursday, May 4, 2017 and Friday, May 5, 2017 from 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM at the CPD Education and Training Academy, 1300 W. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL.
- Dri-fit t-shirt See Sizing Charts Below:
- Goody bag
- Post run/walk snacks and beverages
The Run to Remember is a chip-timed 5k run/non-competitive walk.
The event is also a non-competitive walk. However, walkers are not timed and will not receive a timing chip.
Team formation and participation is strongly encouraged.
Gold Star Families Memorial and Park, located just east of Soldier Field, 1410 Museum Campus Drive, Chicago, IL
8:00 AM sharp
Packet pick up is scheduled for Thursday, May 4, 2017 and Friday, May 5, 2017 from 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM at the CPD Education and Training Academy, 1300 W. Jackson Blvd.
No packet pickup will be available on race day.
Yes, they are welcome to pick up your packet on your behalf.
Yes, a gear check tent is available onsite and a claim ticket will be provided on your race bib. The CPMF is not responsible for lost or stolen items and we ask that most gear be left in your vehicle on race day.
Yes, day of race registration is available for $45.00 beginning at 6:30 AM.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:55 PM. Online fundraising will remain open, but for top fundraiser teams/individual competition purposes, all online donations must be received by May 5th at 8:00 p.m.
Please download and use 2016 R2R Offline Donation Form for all offline donations.
Checks payable to the CPD Memorial Foundation can be mailed to 1407 W. Washington Blvd, Chicago, IL 60607. You can also drop off donations in person Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
(For purposes of incentives and top fundraising awards, only those those donations that have been entered by 11:55pm on Thursday, May 4th will be considered and counted.)
Now that you have registered to run or walk, log in to your Participant Center and get fundraising! Here’s how you do it:
- (1) Visit www.cpdmemorial.org/run and click on “Log-In” in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It may say “Participant Center” if you are already logged-in.
- (2) Log in with the username and password you created when you registered. If you cannot remember your username or password, you can use these links to recover them (or call the office at 312/499-8899):
- Forgot Username: http://cpm.convio.net/site/UserLogin?CMD=ForgotLogin
- Forgot password: http://cpm.convio.net/site/UserLogin?CMD=ForgotPassword
- (3) Click on “Participant Center” in the upper right hand corner.
- (4) If you click on the “Personal Page” tab you can then click on “View Personal Page” in the middle of the screen or “Preview” at the bottom to see what your Personal Page looks like now. It has already been set up for you. If you wish to change the photo or any of the text, just return to the “Personal Page” tab and type over/delete/add text as you wish. You can also switch out the photo to a personal photo by using the “Photos/Video” tool under the “Content” tab to the left of the body of the Personal Page.
- (5) If you click on the “Email” tab in your Participant Center, you can upload your contacts from a gmail or yahoo account by following the prompts, or add contacts one by one to populate your list.
- (6) Next, still in the “Email” tab, take a look at the emails that have been prepared for your use asking people to join your team, thanking them for a donation, or asking them for a donation. There is also a blank message that you can personalize in any way under the “Other” tab.
- (7) Once you have chosen your email, click “Next.” This will take you to the screen where you select your recipients that you want to send the email to. Once you have selected your recipients, click “Send.” Done!
- The more contacts you send emails out to, the greater chance of success you will have! You will be surprised how easy it is to do, and how many of your friends, family and associates will gladly support this worthy cause!
- Donations you receive will appear on your personal page and it is fun to watch your donations thermometer go up and up! Your donors will like to see their name appear on your page as well. You can also then use the pre-populated emails to send your donors a thank you message, although they automatically get one from the CPMF too.
- You can always call the CPMF office at 312/499-8899 if you need help! We will be happy to assist you in any way!
Thanks for your support, and happy fundraising!
Offline donations can be turned in at the registration tent on race day beginning at 6:30 AM.
$50-$99 - CPMF baseball cap
$100-$249 - CPMF Challenge Coin
$250-$499 - Full Zip CPMF Hoodie
$500-$999 - Nike Sport CPMF Cover Up
$1,000-$2,499 - Free Memorial Paver at Gold Star Families Memorial and Park
$2,500-$5,000 - iPod Touch 16GB
$5,000 and Over - iPad Air 16GB
Jogging strollers are allowed on the course, but will be directed to the Walker Corral
ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS are allowed on the course.
ABSOLUTELY NO BICYCLES are allowed on the course.
There is no age limit. Younger runners are welcome and encouraged to participate as long as the waiver is signed by a parent or guardian.
Start Time: 9:30 AM
Location: Soldier Field Stadium Green, Near the Kids Zone
2-3 year olds: 25 yards
4-6 year olds: 50 yards
7-12 year olds: 100 yards
Free entry includes youth t-shirt
Children 12 and under can participate in the Junior Jog.
The Kids Zone is a fenced area near the start line that is manned by off-duty Chicago police officers. The Kids Zone offers activities like face painters, balloon twisters, organized games and prize giveaways for children 4 and up.
Exit Lake Shore Drive at 18th Street and you will be directed to discount parking.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot offer a refund. We thank you for your support and understanding.
The race will take place rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of participants, race officials reserve the right to delay, postpone or cancel the race. All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Each family member is required to use a separate email address for a number of reasons. Most importantly, it ensures that the race registration waiver is signed by the individual participating in the race – for their safety and ours. It also allows each participant a unique fundraising page where they tell their story and ask for donations on their behalf. Additionally, it allows us to send specific as well as general communication through email to each participant.
We understand that many participants may not have their own email address. There are many free email services such as www.gmail.com, www.yahoo.com, or www.aim.com (aol’s mail service) where you can sign up for free email service.
Call our office at 312-499-8899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Please allow 48 hours for an email response.